ISO/IEC JTC1 SC22 WG21 P1076R1
Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer@gmx.net>
Target audience: CWG, LWG
P1076R1: Editorial clause reorganization
This paper summarizes the planned editorial rearrangements of the C++
Working Draft that lead to top-level clause renumbering.
[conv] Standard conversions
- Move [conv] as a subclause into [expr], immediately before
New layout for [class] Classes:
- Move [class.derived] into [class].
- Move [class.local] to before [class.derived].
- Move [class.access] into [class].
- Move [class.member.lookup] before [class.access].
- From [special], move [class.ctor], [class.conv], [class.dtor]
- From [special], move [class.init], [class.cdtor], [class.copy],
[class.compare], [class.free] into [class].
- From [special], move [class.temporary] to the end of
- Move front matter of [special] to a new subclause in
- [class.name] Class names
- [class.mem] Class members
- [class.mfct] Member functions
- [class.mfct.non-static] Non-static member functions
- [special] Special member functions
- [class.ctor] Constructors
- [class.copy.ctor] Copy/move constructors
- [class.copy.assign] Copy/move assignment operator
- [class.dtor] Destructors
- [class.conv] Conversions
- [class.static] Static members
- [class.bit] Bit-fields
- [class.nest] Nested class declarations
- [class.nested.type] Nested type names
- [class.union] Unions
- [class.local] Local class declarations
- [class.derived] Derived classes
- [class.member.lookup] Member name lookup
- [class.access] Member access control
- [class.init] Initialization
- [class.cdtor] Construction and destruction
- [class.copy] Copying and moving class objects: delete class.copy p1, move p2 into [special]
- [class.compare] Comparisons
- [class.free] Free store
[dcl.dcl] Declarations and [dcl.decl] Declarators
New layout for [dcl.dcl] Declarations:
- Move [namespace.udecl] into [dcl.dcl] (one level up).
- Move [dcl.decl] into [dcl.dcl], immediately after [dcl.spec].
- Move [dcl.init] into [dcl.dcl], immediately after [dcl.decl].
- Move [dcl.fct.def] and [dcl.struct.bind] into [dcl.dcl].
- [dcl.spec] Specifiers
- [dcl.decl] Declarators
- [dcl.init] Initializers
- [dcl.struct.bind] Structured bindings
- [dcl.fct.def] Function definitions
- [dcl.enum] Enumeration declarations
- [namespace.udecl] The using declaration
- [dcl.asm] The asm declaration
- [dcl.link] Linkage specifications
- [dcl.attr] Attributes
- Promote [time] to a top-level clause.
- Move [localization] to before [input.output].
- Move [numeric.ops] into [algorithms], immediately after [alg.sorting].
The following actions are expressly not proposed:
- Move [atomic] into [thread].
- Promote [filesystems] to a top-level clause.
- Move [re] into [strings].