[Cplex] parallelism manager / scheduler

Tom Scogland tom at scogland.com
Thu Jun 20 01:12:23 CEST 2013

Very well put.  Being able to subset managers and compose schedulers, as
well as tasks, is key to cleanly composing concurrency control.

The only thing that still appears to be missing from my list of preferred
features is the concept of a concurrent spawn, or the ability to express
the desire for concurrent execution of a single task across multiple
threads if possible (much like an OpenMP parallel region).  Given that, the
general outline here could serve as a substrate for every C and CPU based
parallel library I can immediately think of.

--
-Tom Scogland
http://tom.scogland.com