[Cplex] Cplex: suggested topics for discussion on the next teleconf.

Nelson, Clark clark.nelson at intel.com
Tue Jun 18 19:23:27 CEST 2013

> Clark, your answer here, as well as some statements in the call yesterday,
> imply that you believe there is a case where parallelism is mandatory in
> OpenMP applications.  To my understanding, there is no such case for a
> conforming application, is there one I am missing?

No, none of the email comments I made today about OpenMP are based on that
understanding -- or misunderstanding, as the case may be. I was actually
thinking of the hash that would result if, say, omp atomic or critical
were taken as a hint in a program with parallelism. :-O

But I thank you for emphasizing a relatively subtle point about OpenMP,
about which I was definitely ignorant yesterday.

Clark