[Cplex] Short SIMD vector types

Lawrence Crowl crowl at googlers.com
Mon Jun 3 22:41:56 CEST 2013

On 6/3/13, Jeff Hammond <jhammond at alcf.anl.gov> wrote:
> I'm really tired of having to spin a one-off implementation of
> vectorized code for every FPU ISA out there nor do I want to
> be dependent on the OpenMP SIMD extensions since I primarily
> use Pthreads.

There is a middle ground here, where the vector lengths are defined
by the problem and the compiler is responsible for pasting together
the machine primatives to match the length given.  It is that middle
ground that I think makes the most sense.  Many compilers know how
to optimize this style from their work on Fortran90.

--
Lawrence Crowl