[Cplex] Short SIMD vector types

Geva, Robert robert.geva at intel.com
Mon Jun 3 16:45:32 CEST 2013

Hi Jeff, can you please explain your issue with OpenMP SIMD? Does this extension of OpenMP not work with Pthreads, or does it appear to require you to use the OpenMP run time even if you only use the SIMD portion of OpenMP?

To the extent that the C proposal uses the same ideas from OpenMP SIMD, with keywords instead of #pragmas, I expect that you would be able to use the vector portion of the language without having to also use a task scheduler that you are not interested in.

Robert.