|| N1805 = 05-0065
|| Programming Language C++
|| ISO/IEC IS 14882:2003(E)
|| Pete Becker
|| Dinkumware, Ltd.
· Editorial Changes
N1804=05-0064, Working Draft, Standard for Programming
Language C++, contains the working draft of the standard, with all of the changes
made at the Lillehammer meeting.
- For CWG Issue 195, reworded extensively to make "conditionally-supported" look
more like "implementation-defined."
- For CWG Issue 306, did nothing, which seems to be the proposed resolution,
since it's resolved by 39.
- For CWG Issue 439, changed the wording slightly.
- For CWG Issue 441, changed the wording slightly.
- N1720 (
static_assert), changed the wording slightly.
- For LWG Issue 386, made the same change in 220.127.116.11.11.
- For LWG Issue 409, changed the wording slightly (reversed the two conditions,
to make it easier to read).
- For LWG Issue 455, kept the requirement that cerr and wcerr be unit buffered,
although taken literally the resolution removes this requirement.
- Editorial issues: LWG 351, LWG 368
- Prevented page breaks inside bnf productions
- Made hyphenation more uniform: "subobject", "non-virtual",
"non-static", and "implementation-defined".
- Consolidated definitions of "Stable" in the library clauses.
- Changed "buf" to "xbuf" and "BSIZE" to
"XSIZE" in lib.filebuf.virtuals/10.
- Changes "st" to "state" for clarity in three places in
- "Note:" and "Notes:" in library clauses replaced by
"Remark:" and "Remarks:" to avoid confusion with non-normative
- Shortened table of contents.
Thanks to Steve Adamczyk, Beman Dawes, Howard Hinnant, and Mike Miller for
reviewing the changes.
- reformatted definitions, to match new ISO requirements
- redesigned headers and footers