Daniel Plakosh, firstname.lastname@example.org
4500 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2612 U.S.A.
+1 412 268 7197 (work)
+1 412 427 4606 (cell)
Daniel Plakosh, email@example.com
The preferred hotel for this event is the:
The hotel has reserved a block of 15 rooms. Theyll be held until Tuesday, Oct. 1, or until sold out, whichever comes first.
The room rate will be $130/night+tax and incudes Wi-Fi
You can make your reservations by phone:
This hotel is within walking distance of the SEI. To get to the SEI from this hotel,
We will be meeting at the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) located at 4500 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2612 U.S.A.) Training Room TBD . The SEI is a short walk (approximately 1/3 a mile) from the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center.
To get to the SEI from this hotel use any hotel exit; proceed downhill toward Fifth Avenue.
1. Turn left onto Fifth Avenue.
2. Cross Fifth Avenue at Dithridge Street.
3. Cross Dithridge Street.
4. Continue straight ahead to the steps at the Fifth Avenue entrance (or use the ramp at the Henry Street entrance on the other side of the SEI building).
We will be meeting at the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) located at 4500 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2612 U.S.A.) Training Room TBD . The SEI is a short walk (approximately 1/3 a mile) from the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center. When arriving at the SEI please ring the visitor door bell. The guards will buzz you in ask you to sign in and provide a valid form of government identification (such as a drivers license or passport). You then will be provided a badge and then can proceed to the training rooms straight down the hall from the guard desk.
The room will be open each day, Monday through Thursday, from 08:30 to 17:30 and on Friday from 08:30 to 12:30.
Information regarding Pittsburgh weather in October. Pittsburgh weather in October.
(Rates are subject to change)
Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center
$20 per day (in/out privileges)
Residence Inn by Marriott Pittsburgh University/Medical Center
$13.50 per day (in/out privileges)
Hilton Garden Inn University Place
$16 per day (in/out privileges)
Software Engineering Institute
$12 per day
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Less than two miles
Pittsburgh International Airport IATA code PIT is 22 miles (approximately 45 minutes driving time) from the Carnegie Mellon campus. For more information, please visit FlyPittsburgh or call 412-472-3525.
Once you arrive at the Pittsburgh International Airport there are several transportation options to bring you to SEI or to your hotel:
· Taxi service.The average taxi fare from the airport to campus is about $50, plus gratuity. There are typically taxi cabs outside of the airport, but if you need to call a service, call Yellow Cab (412-321-8100) or Classy Cab (412-322-5080).
· Rental Car. You can rent a car on-site at the Pittsburgh International Airport. For more information, including a list of car rental agencies and phone numbers, please refer to the transportation services section of the Pittsburgh International Airport website.
· Public Bus Transportation with Port Authority Transit. The 28X Airport Flyer bus stops in the heart of the Carnegie Mellon campus and typically takes 45 minutes en route to the airport. The trip is free for Carnegie Mellon students and costs $3.75 for other passengers. For more information about schedules and rates, please visit the official PAT website or call 412-442-2000.
· Super Shuttle. Super Shuttle provides shuttle service between the airport and downtown hotels. For reservations, contact Super Shuttle at 1-800-258-3826.
· Hotel Shuttle Service. Because many hotels offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then on to Carnegie Mellon, please inquire about this option when making your lodging reservations. Please refer to the transportation services section of the Pittsburgh International Airport website for further contact information.
bus terminal is located less than eight miles from campus in downtown Pittsburgh. For a detailed transportation schedule, call Greyhound at 1-800-231-2222. The Pittsburgh station is located at 55 11th Street and can be reached at 412-392-6513.
All suggestions and corrections will be welcome; all flames will be amusing. Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.