ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22/WG 23/N 0456
Minutes: Meeting #26
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22/WG 23: Programming Language
08-10 June 2013
08 June 2013: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (CEST - Central European
09 June 2013: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (CEST - Central European
10 June 2013: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (CEST - Central European
See document: N
1. Opening activities
1.1 Opening Comments
Introduction of Participants/Roll Call
||WG 9 Liaison and Meeting Host
Procedures for this Meeting
Consideration for the participants using the
WebEx feature should be given.
Approval of previous Minutes [N
Minutes approved without changes.
#23–01 moved to closed
#24–01 moved to closed
Approval of Agenda [N
Agenda approved without changes.
Future Meeting Schedule
Discussed times to hold the December
teleconference, it was decided that 6 am Japan time, 10 pm UK
time would work best.
||Co-located with WG 21
||Kona, Hawaii, USA
||Co-located with SC22 plenary meeting.
2. Reports on Liaison Activities
- HRG looked at Ada Annex in the TR 24772:2012
- A person has been identified to replace Rod Chapman as
- A new study on parallel programming was started at the last
WG 14 meeting [cplex]. Enrollment is open, first meeting
(teleconference) is 17-June-2013.
- Project 16881 part 1 is in PDTS ballot.
- Project 17961 has been sent to JTC 1, the DTS ballot has
not started yet, but should soon.
- Future meetings for WG 14 are:
- Chicago in October 2013
- Parma Italy March/April 2014
- St Louis in October/November 2014
- WG 21 is planning to release an updated C++ Standard every
- Currently WG 21 has a NP & CD ballot at SC 22 with the
goal to republish the 2011 Standard in 2014.
Ecma International, TC49/TG2 (C#)
Ecma International, TC39 (ECMAScript)
- The 3rd edition has been released, this version
is based on ISO/IEC 9899:1999.
- Currently there is a temporary Chairperson
- The group is discussing the approach to take to publish the
next version of MISRA C based on the language standard ISO/IEC
- AI #26–1, Pygott to review the references to MISRA C in TR
24772 with this new MISRA C as the reference document
Other Liaison Activities or National body reports
3. Document Review
- Baseline draft of TR Edition 3 [N
- It was decided to move the clause 8 vulnerabilities
into clause 7 after 6.57 [MEM]
- Support document for UK comments on CD 17960 [N
- It was decided that this document did not support the
statement "numerous known problems with digital
signatures" in the UK comment.
- JISC Comments on CD 17960 [N
- The Japanese NB would like to see a detailed rationale
on why the NP and the document balloted do not match, or a
new NP with the current project being canceled.
- The Japanese NB does not want the current NP to be
altered (if that can even be possible), because that would
start a dangerous precedence.
- UK Comments on CD 17960 [N
- The UK comments were discussed, see [N
0455], project editor to fill in the comments as they
are applied to the document. This new document will be used
in the review for the document.
- Each comments was discussed, and the project editor was
given guidance on text to use, the comment text was not
available for review in some cases.
- Ballot results for CD 17960 [N
- Ballot failed, with two NO votes (UK and Japan).
- Comments on N
0454, see [N 0457]
- Introduction (paragraph 2) should use the term
- Long discussion about the some of the basic premises of
the Code Signing document. Decisions that had been reached
in the past were questioned. No real set direction has been
- Decided that there is a need to look at existing
practice, sanity check.
- AI #26–2, Pygott, reword 4.12 to remove the word
- AI #26–3, Pygott and Benito to look at existing
- Convener pointed out that review needed to happen
between meetings, at the September meeting the Committee
should decide what is next for this project (17960). This
very important decision can not happen unless there is a
current document that reflects the decisions of this
- Schedule for review:
- 24-June, review copy to Convener
- 08-July, all comments from review to Convener
- 15-17 July, teleconference if needed
- Review committee:
- Clive Pygott
- Steve Michell
- Larry Wagoner
- Erhard Ploedereder
- John Benito
- Recommendations from section 6.x.5 [N 0457]
- The committee had no chance to review this document
before the meeting.
- One suggestion was to add some form of this data to
- It was suggested that an outline format be used to
represent the data instead of the initial form that is
along the lines of Top 22 recommendations.
- The general feeling is that more work needs be
- Everyone was positive about adding some form of this
data to the 3rd revision of TR 24772.
4. Other Business
4.1 Promotion of WG23 Products, Steve Michell, per Action
- Clive – Abstract for symposium in UK, the Convener should
send the Power Point used in the past.
- The link to the freely available ISO/IEC TR 24772:2012 is
now on the WG 5, WG 9, WG 14, and WG 21 web sites. Also there
is a link in the CWE web site.
Three new action items where identified,
#26–1, #26–2, #26–3.
Thanks was expressed to the Host, Erhard
Ploedereder for great facilities and good food!